Prof. Hanke: ‘Ukraine’s Brutal Inflation’
The collapse of Ukraine’s hryvnia currency, which has lost half of its value against the US dollar since the start of 2015, has resulted in a surge of inflation, Economics Professor Steve Hanke wrote in a recent blog.
Hanke, who is professor at Johns Hopkins University and Senior Director of the Troubled Currencies Project at Cato Institute, said that “at present, Ukraine’s implied annual inflation rate is 272%, the world’s highest”.
You can read the full blog post here.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » DPS Scandal 'Will Create Islamist Party in Bulgaria,' Historian Warns
- » Bulgaria C-Bank Should Improve Transparency, Prof Hanke Says
- » Greece's Exceptional Access to IMF Funding
- » Internet Trolls Not Credible, PR Expert Maxim Behar Says
- » Terror Attack 'Unlikely' in Prague-Varna Bus Incident
- » Steve Hanke: Another Greek Debt Default Is Imminent