Sofia Appellate Court Acquits Former Interior Minister on Embezzlement Charges
The Sofia Appellate Court has confirmed the innocence of former Interior Minister of the first center-right GERB cabinet, Tsvetan Tsvetanov on Wednesday.
The decision was made by the three members of court - chair Mariya Mitova, and members Valya Rushanova and Aleksey Trifonov.
Tsvetanov was accused on charge of a BGN 50,000 embezzlement in favor of the Director of the Organized Crime Prevention Office in Veliko Tarnovo - Orlin Todorov , but was acquitted by the Sofia City Court on May 26 2014. The latter had received a suspension compensation in the amount of BGN 50,000, and Tsvetanov was claimed to have participated in a criminal scheme.
Today's court decision can be further appealed in front of the Supreme Court of Cassation (VKS).
Recently, the Sofia Appellate Court has upheld the 4-year prison term of Tsvetan Tsvetanov over the blocked wiretapping motions in one of the four court cases against the former Interior Minister.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend