The Symphonic Orchestra of the Bulgarian National Radio to Play at The Godfather Screening
The Symphonic Orchestra of the Bulgarian National Radio (BNR) has accepted the invitation to accompany the screening of The Godfather (1972) on November 7 in the National palace of Culture in Sofia.
Over 60 musicians will play at the new re-mastered HD version broadcast of Francis Ford Coppola's legendary movie.
Sofia is the first stop of ''The Godfther LIVE in Concert'' in Eastern Europe and the only one on the Balkans.
The world premiere of the event was on December 8 2014 in Royal Albert Hall in London. Twenty-six European cities will feature the screening in 2015.
The orchestra will be on stage during the whole screening to further amplify the atmosphere through the live performance of every music segment written by the composer Nino Rota.
''This will be the next artistic challenge for the musicians from the BNR symphonic orchestra,'' said Helia Chavdarova, director of BNR Music House. ''Many of us have grown up with the books, movies and the music from The Godfather, one of the most favorite and memorable soundtracks in cinema history. The combination of the movie screening with the live music performance will make for a truly magical experience.''
The Event in Sofia is organized by the Bulgarian National Radio, Keen Acts and CineConcerts, with ticket prices varying between BGN 60 and 110.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » New York City Hall is Removing a Statue of Thomas Jefferson due to his Slaveholding Past
- » Tanzanian writer Grabs Nobel Prize for Literature
- » And Nobel Medicine Prize Goes to US Scientists
- » The "Wrapped Triumphal Arch" of Bulgarian Christo and Jeanne-Claude Dismantled Today
- » Replica of Most Famous Bulgarian Gold Treasure Confiscated in Dubai
- » President Radev Received the Honor Guard for the 113th Anniversary of Bulgaria's Independence