Vladimira Yaneva Resigns as Sofia City Court Chair
Vladimira Yaneva has resigned from the post of Chair of the Sofia City Court.
She keeps the post of a judge.
The resignation was submitted to the Supreme Judicial Council (VSS) at the end of the working day on Monday, according to the press office of the court.
Yaneva was removed from office last week in a unanimous vote of the VSS at the proposal of Chief Prosecutir Sotir Tsatsarov.
She was removed from office over pretrial proceedings concerning unlawful approval of permits for the deployment of special surveillance equipment under the so-called “Worms” case in the period September 2013 – June 2014.
Last week Justice Minister Hristo Ivanov and the Chair of the Supreme Court of Cassation (VKS) Lozan Panov submitted a proposal for disciplinary action against Yaneva and one of her deputies, Bogdana Zhelyavska.
Zhelyavska will act as interim head of the court.
The holder of the office of interim head of the Sofia City Court is to be approved at a sitting of the VSS by the end of the week.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Another Death on “Trakia” Highway
- » COVID-19: New Changes to Quarantine Measures in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Goat's Milk Curd Won the Highest Award at the Great Taste 2022 Competition
- » Bulgaria is Threatened with a Fine of an Eight Figure Sum in Euros because of Landfills
- » Bulgaria’s Health Minister: We are Shortening the Quarantine for both Vaccinated and Non-Vaccinated
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 1864 New Cases in the Last 24 hours