Bulgaria President to Begin 2nd Day of Consultations
President Rosen Plevneliev is set to continue his "month of political consultations" meeting leaders of the Patriotic Front and Bulgarian Democratic Center, the fifth and sixth political forces in Parliament respectively.
Priorities of parties for 2015 are to be at the core of discussions.
Plevneliev has introduced his own agenda of talks divided into five issues: reforms, electoral law, international and regional security, defense, and crisis management.
On Monday he reintroduced his earlier proposal of a referendum on voting rules, one that he put forward last year and that left Bulgarian politicians and society divided. Last month the President announced he had not abandoned the idea.
Left-wing Alternative for Bulgarian Revival (ABV), a party which has a minister in the cabinet, backed his referendum proposal during the consultations on Monday.
The Patriotic Front is not in the cabinet though it has backed the minority coalition, and the BDC remains in opposition.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend