Chinese Company Interested in Building 3rd Line of Sofia’s Subway
A Chinese company has expressed interest in building the third line of the Sofia’s subway.
The Chinese company is willing to team up with a Bulgarian company for the project, according to reports of Pressa daily.
Apart from the Chinese company, Turkish construction firm Dogus Insaat ve Ticaret, which built a part of the second line of Sofia’s subway, will also take part in the procedure for the selection of a contractor.
Other participants in the procedure include the company that built the subway in Istanbul, a consortium including Spanish construction firm Constructora San Jose, Czech Metrostav, and Italian Seli Overseas and Grandi Lavori Fincosit S.p.A.
The contractor is to be selected by May and the contracts are to be signed in July.
The construction of the third line of Sofia’s subway is to start in October.
The construction works will be launched at what is expected to be the most difficult section, namely the stretch between the Little City Theatre off the Channel and the Krasno Selo district.
Construction works are expected to cause traffic jams in downtown Sofia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Forecast for Economic Growth in 2022
- » Bulgaria: 7.8% Annual Inflation in December
- » The Regime for Entry into Bulgaria of Citizens of some Countries is Changing
- » Kraken Cryptocurrency Exchange: Bulgaria owns $10 billion Bitcoin
- » UN: Recovering Employment could take Years
- » Price of housing in Bulgaria has risen by more than the EU average since 2010