Ex Sofia Heating Utility Boss Sentenced to 3 Years' Imprisonment
Sofia Appellate Court (SAS) sentenced the former director of heating utility Toplofikatsiya Sofia Valentin Dimitrov to three years' imprisonment at second instance on charges of property mismanagement.
SAS modified the sentence of the Sofia City Court (SGS), ruling that Dimitrov committed one continuous crime rather than two, as it had been previously decided, daily Dnevnik reports.
The Appellate Court upheld the acquittal of the remaining former members of the board of directors.
SAS ruled that the damages caused by Dimitrov amounted to BGN 325 000 rather than BGN 422 000, as it had been previously decided.
The Appellate Court ruled that the crime had been committed over the period of three years and Dimitrov abused office by not launching public procurement procedures for 17 contracts.
The former director was sentenced to 14 years' imprisonment on the embezzlement charges at first instance, but was later acquitted by SAS and the case was returned for retrial.
Dimitrov was executive director of Toplofikatsiya Sofia between 2002 and 2006, before being dismissed after an audit had been ordered by then Sofia Mayor Boyko Borisov.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Man Stabbed his Neighbors because of their Barking Dog
- » The Bulgarian Entrepreneur Tzvetan Vassilev is No Longer Wanted by Interpol
- » Bulgaria: 9 Months in Prison for a Man caught Driving Drunk for the Second Time
- » A Law will Prohibit the Sale of Nitrous Oxide or “Laughing Gas” to Minors in Bulgaria
- » Operation in Greece for the capture of Bulgarian Cryptoqueen Ruja Ignatova
- » Methamphetamine was found in the Blood of Semerdzhiev who Caused the Car Crash on July 5