Bulgaria's Chief Prosecutor Demands Dismissal of Sofia City Court Head
Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov demanded on Thursday that Sofia City Court Head Vladimira Yaneva be provisionally removed from office.
The announcement was made at the regular sitting of the Higher Judicial Council on the grounds of malfeasance in office.
Tsatsarov added the demand is connected to an ongoing investingation into controversial wiretapping permits in the so-called Worms operation.
Tsatsarov added that the proposal is also based on violations regarding other court cases as well. As a result, a criminal proceeding is now in process to establish possible irregular activities.
The supervising prosecutor at the Sofia City Court has also demanded that Yaneva is suspended from her position until the case against her is resolved.
Yaneva will be invited for a hearing before the Higher Judicial Council later on today around 14.30 local time.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend