Voting on New Bulgarian Government Debt Issue Postponed
Parliamentary debates regarding the possible new debt issue of BGN 16 B will be postponed after the majority of MPs voted in favor of the proposal on Thursday.
The proposal came from the leader of nationalist Patriotic Front party, Valeri Simeonov. He added that in order for a decision of that importance to be taken, more clarifications will be needed.
Most MPs agreed, with 115 voting in favor, 59 against and two abstained.
Finance Minister Vladislav Goranov stated that the government is considering the option of issuing 30-year securities bearing a maximum interest rate of 10 percent. He added that new external borrowings will provide for its financial stability in the next three years.
Opposition parties, on the other hand, organized a series of protests in response on Wednesday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: By how much did Alcohol Rise in Price due to inflation?
- » Sofia Airport Recorded a Decline of 3.8 Million Passengers compared to Pre-COVID levels
- » Russia sees an Opportunity for Dialogue after US Responses
- » COVID Restrictions on Restaurants in Sofia in Force from Today - They will be Boycotted
- » Kristalina Georgieva: The World Economy is Slowing Down because of the US, China and Omicron
- » Bulgargaz: Gas Supplies from Russia are Not Endangered