Bulgaria Detains 44 Illegal Migrants at Border with Romania
Bulgarian border police have detained 44 illegal migrants from Syria and Iraq trying to cross into Romania, bTV reported on Wednesday.
The migrants were discovered hidden in a Bulgarian-registered truck at the border checkpoint at the Ruse-Guirgiu bridge over the Danube around 2 am local time.
According to the cargo manifest, the truck was carrying apples to the Czech Republic. The truck driver is a Czech citizen.
The illegal migrants were trying to reach Austria. Thirty-nine of them were from Syria and five were from Iraq, bTV said.
The group included three children aged 14-16, eight women and 33 men.
Nine illegal migrants from Afghanistan were detained at the same border checkpoint on Tuesday afternoon.
- » Police Detained a Bulgarian in France with Nearly 30 kg of Cannabis
- » 1kg of Cocaine and Almost 5kg of Heroin Seized by Police in Plovdiv Area
- » Cyberterrorists Attacked 40 US Cities
- » Bulgarian Special Prosecutor's Office Files Indictment Against Controversial Banevi Family
- » Over One Tonne of Cannabis Was Found Aboard a Yacht in Greece
- » Bulgarian Police Seizes 76 kg of Cocaine Hidden Among Fruits