Ludogorets Goalkeeper Becomes Bulgarian Footballer of 2014
The goalkeeper of Ludogorets Vladislav Stoyanov was declared the best Bulgarian football player of 2014.
Stoyanov was presented with the “Bulgarian Footballer of the Year” award at a ceremony in the Military Club in Sofia on Tuesday, daily Dnevnik reports.
His performance was essential for the success of Ludogorets in 2014, when the team triumphed in all three domestic tournaments - the A Group, the Bulgarian Cup and the Supercup.
The goalkeeper also made a decisive contribution to his team's memorable performance in the Europa League and the Champions League.
Stoyanov becomes the seventh goalkeeper to claim the title and the second footballer competing for a Bulgarian team to win the award in the last 13 years.
Ludogorets midfielder Svetoslav Dyakov occupied the second place, while Monaco striker Dimitar Berbatov remained third.
Stoyanov was also declared the best goalkeeper in the A Group, while his teammates Cosmin Moti and Svetoslav Dyakov claimed the titles of best defender and midfielder.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Who Are Bulgaria’s Opponents in Their Euro 2024 Qualifying Campaign?
- » Russia received an Invitation to Play in the Central Asian Football Association
- » Djokovic was not Allowed into the US without a COVID-19 Vaccine
- » Bulgarian Albert Popov Recorded a Historic Ranking with his First Podium in the Skiing World Cup
- » English Greyhound Derby 2023: Who Will Claim the Crown?
- » Who Are the Favorites for the 2023 Cheltenham Festival Championship Races?