Sofia Municipality Approves BGN 1,49 B Budget
The Council of Sofia municipality has approved the budget for 2015, amounting to BGN 1,49 B, BGNES information agency reported.
Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova announced that the budget will further facilitate the construction of 8 new kindergartens, as well as the start for 8 more.
A portion of the budget will be used to connect the subway stops at the central bus and train stations in the capital to the new stop at airport Terminal 2. As announced previously, the Sofia waste treatment plant will start operating by the end of the year.
Fandakova added that 80 new buses have been purchased for public transportation purposes in the capital, 27 of which have already arrived.
Merely 1.2% of the budget has been allocated to heath care, and 0.6% to social programs. Fandakova said that several hospitals and kindergartens have improved conditions after successfully applying for EU funding programs.
She added that the capital cannot be divided into center and ''peripheral'' areas, while the budget has more funding allocated to non-central areas than the one from 2014.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Will Patrol Small Towns and Villages Hunting Drunk Drivers
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Quiet and Sunny
- » Bulgaria Recovers after Disastrous Floods
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Temperatures Keep Falling, Occasional Snowfalls
- » Bulgaria’s Premier: We Don’t Spend Money on Tanks and Aircraft Only, We Also Build Education Infrastructure
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rains Stop But Freezing Cold Is Coming