Bulgaria Registers Increase in Average Monthly Wage at End of 2014
The average monthly wage in Bulgaria in the last quarter of 2014 was BGN 847, which represents an increase of 4.7 % compared to the previous quarter.
This is revealed from the latest data of the National Statistical Institute (NSI), which was released on Thursday.
The economic activities which registered greatest increase in the average monthly wage were education, culture, sports and entertainment.
The average gross monthly wage for October 2014 was BGN 841, that for November was BGN 833, while that for December amounted to BGN 865.
In the last quarter of 2014 the average monthly wage registered an increase of 2.3 % compared to the same period in 2013.
The highest increases in the monthly average wage over the one-year period were recorded in the sectors of administration, transport, storage and postal services.
The most considerable decrease over the one-year period was registered in the sector dealing with real estates.
The average monthly wage for the last quarter of 2014 registered an increase of 4.9 % in the public sector and 1.4 % in the private sector, compared to the same period a year ago.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Inflation in Turkey Rises to 23-year High of nearly 79% in June
- » Gambling Industry: Prospects and Future Trends
- » Bulgaria: From July 1, the Minimum Pension becomes BGN 467 (EUR 240)
- » The Committee on Budgets Decided: 0% VAT on Bread in Bulgaria
- » Inflation in the EU is 8.8%, in Bulgaria - 13.4%
- » Bulgaria: Annual Inflation for May jumped 15%