Bulgaria PM Borisov Safe as His Plane Returns to Sofia over Technical Glitch
Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Boyko Borisov returned safely to Sofia Airport on Wednesday evening after his aircraft developed a technical malfunction shortly after takeoff, 24 Chasa daily reported.
The aircraft was carrying Borisov, his head of staff and several members of his office to Brussels for the European Council meeting on Thursday.
The crew realised the plane’s landing gear couldn’t retract properly soon after take-off around 7 pm local time (1700 GMT).
After several unsuccessful attempts to retract the landing gear the pilots decided to return to Sofia Airport. To do that, they circled above Sofia for about an hour to spend as much of the jet fuel in the tanks as possible.
The crew managed to touch down safely at the fifth approach to landing, according to 24 Chasa.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: New Earthquake near Plovdiv
- » An Early Warning system for Disasters and Accidents is being developed in Bulgaria
- » Earthquake in Bulgaria with a Magnitude above 4.5
- » A Bulgarian was found Stabbed in the center of Athens
- » Bulgaria: Passengers refused to get off a Plane that landed in Varna instead of Sofia
- » Bulgaria: Heavy Car-Crash with Two Dead on the road Ruse-Byala