Bulgaria to Launch Tenders for Silistar, Teres Exploration Blocks in 2 Weeks
Delyan Dobrev, head of Bulgaria’s parliamentary energy committee, has presented an upcoming tendering procedure for two Black Sea exploration blocks to representatives of Norwegian oil and gas company Statoil.
Dobrev met Tuesday with Rune Bj?rnson, Senior Vice President for Natural Gas in Statoil, and Tony Dor?, Senior Advisor to Exploration Management at the company.
The meeting was held during the International Petroleum (IP) Week in London, where Dobrev and Deputy Energy Minister Zhecho Stankov are to present the opportunities for exploration activities at the two Black Sea blocks, according to the press office of ruling center-right party GERB (Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria).
Dobrev made clear that Bulgaria’s Energy Ministry was to publish the announcement for the launch of the tendering procedure for a permit for prospecting and exploration of oil and gas in the Silistar and Teres blocks in the Black Sea in the Official Journal of the European Union (OJ) in two weeks’ time.
Dobrev assured the Statoil representatives that the tendering procedure would be transparent, adding that the permit would be granted for a period of 5 years.
Stankov specified that the deadline could be extended twice by 2-year periods.
The officials of the Norwegian oil and gas company explained that they were keeping track of the developments in the region and the exploration activities in Bulgaria’s Han Asparuh block and the Romanian Black Sea area.
Bj?rnson said that they would study the information carefully to acquaint themselves with the opportunities for participating in the forthcoming tendering procedure.
- » Rosatom Company to Modernize Kozloduy NPP
- » US Delegation Visited “ContourGlobal Maritza East 3” TPP
- » Minister of Energy Temenuzhka Petkova: Bulgaria is Integral Part of the Southern Gas Corridor
- » Temenuzhka Petkova: Bulgaria will Continue to Rely on its Coal Plants
- » Renewable Energy Accounted for 21% of the Total Energy Used for Heating and Cooling in the EU
- » Energy expert Ilian Vasilev: Maritsa East – 2 TPP has a future