Makaza Border Crossing Point May Be Expanded by 2 Truck Lanes
The Makaza border crossing point may be expanded by two truck lanes, one in each direction, according to Bulgarian Regional Development Minister Lilyana Pavlova.
Speaking Monday in Kardzhali, she made clear that the procedure would take at least 6-8 months.
Stressing the increased traffic to the Makaza border crossing point via Kardzhali in the summer months, Pavlova, as cited by the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency, noted that the first thing to do after the winter season was over was to take care of the asphalt resurfacing of the road section located in the city.
She made clear that work on the designing of the bypass would run parallel to that.
Pavlova informed that amending the ban on motor vehicles of over 3.5 tonnes, or at least the part concerning coaches, was a matter of talks with Greek authorities.
After inspecting a re-activated landslide in a local village, she reminded that Bulgarian municipalities would be able to apply for EU funding for landslide prevention under operational program Environment 2014-2020.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: MRF Will Not Support GERB for New Constitution and Grand National Assembly
- » Bulgaria: Chairman of Information Services - 4 Months is the Delivery of Voting Machines
- » Upholding the independence of the Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office: National Meeting on Monday
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended until August 31
- » Bulgaria: The Government Will Announce New Social Measures
- » Bulgaria: The National Assembly Accepted the Changes in the Cabinet