Russia Will Not Wage Wars - Russian President Putin
Vladimir Putin stated his position on sanctions against Russia, possible war and economic sovereignty on Saturday.
"This world order will never suit Russia…But we are not going to wage war on anyone, we are going to cooperate will all," he said during a meeting with labor unions, Reuters reported.
In his opinion, one incontestable leader in the world is attempting to dictate what others are allowed to do, and thus to restrain Russia's development.
Putin further mentioned that economic sanctions, although creating certain difficulties , clearly can't be efficient when it comes to a country of Russia's size. He said that achieving economic sovereignty will be a priority from now on.
The comments were in response to accusations by Kiev and the EU regarding Russia's possible influence in the ignition of the rebellions in the eastern part of Ukraine. Allegations have been denied by government officials.
Meanhwile, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President Francois Hollande paid visits to both Russia and Ukraine in an attempt to secure a peace resolution to the conflict on Thursday and Friday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Edward Snowden received a Russian Passport and can no longer be Extradited
- » Putin and Scholz discussed the "Grain Deal" and the Situation in Ukraine
- » Russian Sinologist: Within 10-15 years, the Balkans and Poland will want to join Russia
- » Russia to Stop Oil Supplies to countries that impose a Cap on its Price
- » Sweden arrests Married Couple from Russia for Espionage
- » Lavrov blamed the West for the war in Ukraine: "They've been planning it for years"