Ukraine Crisis Could Destabilize Bulgaria - Plevneliev, Biden
Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev and US Vice President Joe Biden have both taken a stance that the Ukraine crisis is likely to destabilize the situation in Bulgaria on Saturday. Discussions also proceeded with matters of energy security and opportunitites for key reforms.
The talks between the officials were a part of the 51st Munich Security Conference, taking place between February 6 and 8.
Additionally, both officials agreed upon the encessity for dialogue and strengthening of relations between countries on the Balkans, as announced by the Bulgarian President's Press Office.
''Bulgaria is an important factor in the region. We have accomplishd a lot over the past 25 years," Plevneliev said. ''Now, we need to continue writing our own history by further improving democratic institutions.''
In response, US Vice President Biden stated that the USA will support Bulgaria in all its efforts to ensure stability and security, a step that is also beneficial for US investors.
Cooperation between the two countries will also include the activities of the bilateral working groups on issues of security and defense, energy security, law implementation and education.
Energy diversification and the building of a interconnecting gas pipe with Greece were pointed as areas of key importance for Bulgaria.
The US representative also expressed his gratitude for the Bulgarian contribution to NATO missions, especially in Afghanistan. However, the necessity for modernization of the army was also emphasized.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Iran Pledges to Give More Detailed Responses about Ukrainian Air Boeing Crash
- » Bulgaria’s President: Discrimination against Ethnic Bulgarians in North Macedonia Must Be Done with
- » History Event: Niagara Falls will be Illuminated in the Colors of the Bulgarian Flag on March 3
- » Bulgarian MEP Calls for Restoring Trust between Bulgaria and North Macedonia
- » Vaccination Campaign Kicks off in North Macedonia, Bulgaria Failed to Deliver on Vaccine Promises
- » Russia Prepared to Sever Ties with EU If Bloc Takes Hostile Actions