Bulgarian Regional Minister Expects Major Landslides in 2015
Bulgarian Regional Minister Lilyana Pavlova said on Saturday that the country could be affected by major landslides in 2015 as these have started to occur on a daily basis.
Pavlova stated that a series of landslides have been unleashed, blocking roads on the whole territory of the country, daily Dnevnik reports.
The Minister clarified that rain was the major cause of the landslides rather than snow.
Pavlova added that a detailed analysis was being conducted in the critical zones and two possible sources of funding have been identified for addressing the damages.
An application form was being prepared for submission under the EU Solidarity Fund due to all natural disasters that have affected the country recently.
Another possible source was to apply for funding under the Operational Programme Environment, which foresees allocation of funds for prevention and repair works.
Pavlova assured that apart from several mountain passes, all other roads were open, except for those blocked by landslides.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Yellow Code for Strong Winds in Three Regions
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Hot on the First Day of Autumn
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Morning Fog and Afternoon Rain Today
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Rain only in the Mountains
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Chilly in the Morning, Warmer in the Afternoon
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny and Warm this Week