Snow Causes Traffic Disruptions in Several Bulgarian Regions
The snow that fell on Friday caused disruptions to traffic in several Bulgarian regions, which necessitated the introduction of temporary measures and limitations.
According to the forecast, snow is to continue to fall in most of the northern regions, while rain is expected in the southeast on Saturday, but precipitations are to decrease as of midday.
The Road Infrastructure Agency (API) warns drivers to embark on their travels with suitable tires, to observe their speed with the winter conditions and the introduced restrictions.
Over 900 machines have been engaged in snow removal since Friday night, 170 of them operating in Sofia, where the priorities are the routes of the public transport, bridges, dangerous and steep roads.
The mountain passes Troyanski, Zlatishki and Varbishki are closed for all vehicles, daily Dnevnik reports.
Restrictions have been introduced for the movement of trucks and heavy vehicles on Hemus and Trakia motorways.
The movement on Struma Motorway is difficult due to gritting, private NOVA TV reports.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Challenging Weather in the Next 48 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rain will Continue all over the Country, Temperatures will be Low
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Expect Rain in the Evening, Max Temp Between 14°-19°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Significant Clouds with Little Chance of Rain
- » Weather in Bulgaria: First Snow is expected on Tuesday. Cold, but without Siberian frosts in December
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cloudy with Light Rains across the Country