Snow Causes Traffic Disruptions in Several Bulgarian Regions
The snow that fell on Friday caused disruptions to traffic in several Bulgarian regions, which necessitated the introduction of temporary measures and limitations.
According to the forecast, snow is to continue to fall in most of the northern regions, while rain is expected in the southeast on Saturday, but precipitations are to decrease as of midday.
The Road Infrastructure Agency (API) warns drivers to embark on their travels with suitable tires, to observe their speed with the winter conditions and the introduced restrictions.
Over 900 machines have been engaged in snow removal since Friday night, 170 of them operating in Sofia, where the priorities are the routes of the public transport, bridges, dangerous and steep roads.
The mountain passes Troyanski, Zlatishki and Varbishki are closed for all vehicles, daily Dnevnik reports.
Restrictions have been introduced for the movement of trucks and heavy vehicles on Hemus and Trakia motorways.
The movement on Struma Motorway is difficult due to gritting, private NOVA TV reports.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » World Bee Day - Opportunity to Discuss the Challenges of Bee Preservation and Activities for their Survival
- » The European Court of Justice has Sued Bulgaria for its Air Quality
- » Earth Day 2022: Saving the Planet
- » Bulgaria’s Recovery and Sustainability Plan has been finally approved by Brussels
- » Orange Code for Stormy and Strong Winds in Bulgaria
- » Svilengrad on its Way to Becoming the First Bulgarian Zero Waste Certified City