Snow Causes Traffic Disruptions in Several Bulgarian Regions
The snow that fell on Friday caused disruptions to traffic in several Bulgarian regions, which necessitated the introduction of temporary measures and limitations.
According to the forecast, snow is to continue to fall in most of the northern regions, while rain is expected in the southeast on Saturday, but precipitations are to decrease as of midday.
The Road Infrastructure Agency (API) warns drivers to embark on their travels with suitable tires, to observe their speed with the winter conditions and the introduced restrictions.
Over 900 machines have been engaged in snow removal since Friday night, 170 of them operating in Sofia, where the priorities are the routes of the public transport, bridges, dangerous and steep roads.
The mountain passes Troyanski, Zlatishki and Varbishki are closed for all vehicles, daily Dnevnik reports.
Restrictions have been introduced for the movement of trucks and heavy vehicles on Hemus and Trakia motorways.
The movement on Struma Motorway is difficult due to gritting, private NOVA TV reports.
- » Yellow Code for Heavy Rains and Thunder in 16 Districts in Bulgaria
- » NIMH: Code Yellow Warning For Heavy Rain with Thunder and Hail
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria, Maximum Temperatures between 23°C and 28°C
- » The EC Creates an Air Fleet to Combat Fires
- » Experts Say the Ocean Level May Rise 2m by the End of the Century
- » Bear Cub Visited a Private Yard of a House in Kladnitsa, Western Bulgaria (Video)