Bulgaria’s Deputy PM Backs Establishment of Single Anti-Corruption Authority
Deputy Prime Minister Meglena Kuneva has made clear that the new anti-corruption strategy of the government envisages the establishment of a single entity tasked with countering the illegal practice.
“We seek to set up a single body in charge of fighting corruption so that it is clear who is responsible for this activity. Naturally, the National Revenue Agency and the National Audit Office will contribute to this, but we need a single property declaration form and a single body tasked with checking its compliance with income,” Kuneva stated in Parliament Wednesday, according to reports of Sega daily.
The plans to set up a single anti-corruption authority were backed by Justice Minister Hristo Ivanov at a sitting of the parliamentary committee on justice.
The anti-corruption strategy is to ready by March.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov: We Keep Over 300,000 Jobs Until September 30 with the Measure 60/40
- » Ministry of Labor and Social Policy: BGN 1 Million for Computers to Socially Disadvantaged Children in Bulgaria
- » Assoc. Prof. Kunchev: The Epidemic in Bulgaria is still Far from Over
- » CEM with a New Chairman - Betina Zhoteva
- » PM Borissov: It is Most Important to Protect our Medical Professionals, They Will Receive Bonus Remuneration
- » Valery Simeonov Was Elected Deputy Chairman of the National Assembly