State of Emergency Remains in Five Bulgarian Municipalities after Floods
Five municipalities will remain in a state of emergency - Dalgopol, Avren, Topolovgrad, Bolyarovo and Burgas. The situation is currently under control in Devin, Strajitsa and the Dolni Chiflik vicinities.
Search for the three people gone missing after the floods is still ongoing. A family of a man and a woman have disappeared in the Devin river after they fell off a bridge with their car. The woman walking her dog close to the overflowing river in Petrich has not been found yet either.
The floods in Bulgaria have been caused by torrential rains and have resulted in BGN 22 M damages for the road infrastructure. In many areas the problem was due to the fact that riverbeds have not been cleaned timely.
There is no eminent danger for people in the areas affected by the floods at the moment, BGNES reported. Today, firefighters, rescue teams and police officers will continue helping in the recovery of the regions.
Specialist teams are assigned the responsibility of observing and signalling in case of critical water levels along the rivers, reservoirs and all other facilities.
Interior ministry officers will be watching over the abandoned homes in order to prevent crime in the affected small towns and villages.
The water reservoirs Tsonevo and Ticha are currently overflowing, while the level of Tundzha river is critically high near Elhovo.
Maritsa river is recording a decreased water level near some of the most affected regions in the country - Svilengrad, Harmanli and Dimitrovgrad.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Passengers Wait over 6 hours for a Wizz Air Flight to Valencia at Sofia Airport
- » Bulgaria: 18-year-old on Amphetamines killed 22-year-old Student in Car Crash
- » Bulgaria: Taxi carrying Illegal Migrants from Syria Crashed in Sofia
- » Car Accidents with Casualties all over Bulgaria Today
- » Bulgaria: Car Crash on the Ring Road in Sofia, One Person confirmed Dead
- » Bulgarian Border Guards rescued 38 Refugees in the Black Sea, including a Baby