Bulgarian Customs Seize 2.5 Kg of Cocaine at Sofia Airport
Bulgarian customs officers have seized 2.5 kilogrammes of cocaine of very high purity at Sofia International Airport, the National Customs Agency said on Monday.
The cocaine was hidden in bottles of wine packed in the luggage of a female Chilean national.
The woman was detained in police custody upon arrival in Bulgaria, the Customs Agency said in a statement without elaborating.
The seized cocaine has an estimated street value of over BGN 3M (EUR 1.5M), according to the statement.
Bulgarian authorities have launched a criminal investigation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Moldovans detained for Stealing nearly BGN 200,000 from Ukrainian Refugees in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Large-scale Police Operation in Karnobat
- » Bulgaria: Scheme for Issuing Fake Green Certificates was Discovered in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office Launches Investigation for the so-called “Golden Passports”
- » Bulgaria: Man was Detained for Issuing Fake Certificates in Bansko
- » Bulgaria: British Man Attacked and Kicked a Nurse at the Hospital in Veliko Tarnovo