Bulgarian Customs Seize 2.5 Kg of Cocaine at Sofia Airport
Bulgarian customs officers have seized 2.5 kilogrammes of cocaine of very high purity at Sofia International Airport, the National Customs Agency said on Monday.
The cocaine was hidden in bottles of wine packed in the luggage of a female Chilean national.
The woman was detained in police custody upon arrival in Bulgaria, the Customs Agency said in a statement without elaborating.
The seized cocaine has an estimated street value of over BGN 3M (EUR 1.5M), according to the statement.
Bulgarian authorities have launched a criminal investigation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Police Operation in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria: 25 Migrants were Detained near Simeonovgrad
- » Bulgaria: 8 Illegal Migrants and their Driver were Detained in Sofia
- » A Bulgarian Woman close to the "Crypto Queen" Ruja Ignatova was Extradited to the US
- » Bulgaria: 11 Detained after the Mass Brawl with Axes and Hoes in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: It is a Tradition for Migrant Traffickers to Not Stop after Police Signals them