Bulgarian Customs Seize 2.5 Kg of Cocaine at Sofia Airport
Bulgarian customs officers have seized 2.5 kilogrammes of cocaine of very high purity at Sofia International Airport, the National Customs Agency said on Monday.
The cocaine was hidden in bottles of wine packed in the luggage of a female Chilean national.
The woman was detained in police custody upon arrival in Bulgaria, the Customs Agency said in a statement without elaborating.
The seized cocaine has an estimated street value of over BGN 3M (EUR 1.5M), according to the statement.
Bulgarian authorities have launched a criminal investigation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Murder in Sofia: A Man Died from Multiple Stab Wounds, his Son was Detained
- » Bulgaria: Authorities Detained a Police Officer while On Duty with more than 1.6 Promille of Alcohol
- » Specialized Police Operation in the Bulgarian Village of Sindel after the Rape of a 73-year-old Woman
- » A 73-year-old Woman was Raped in a Bulgarian Village
- » 30 Days in Detention for the Attacker of Bulgarian Hristiyan Pendikov in North Macedonia
- » Prosecutor General: The US Settlement with Nexo has Nothing to do with the Bulgarian Investigation