Bulgaria's Krasimir Anev Grabs Silver at Biathlon European Championship
Bulgaria's biathlete Krasimir Anev won a silver medal at the Biathlon European Championship on Sunday, which is taking place in the town of Otepaa, Estonia.
Anev finished second in the men's 12.5 kilometer pursuit, winning his eighth individual prize at a continental championship in his professional career, daily Dnevnik reports.
The Bulgarian repeated his best performance in the discipline, having previously finished second at the 2007 and 2011 European Championships..
Anev brought a second medal for Bulgaria at this year's European Championship after Vladimir Iliev had won a bronze medal in the individual 20 kilometre race.
Anev started from the eighth position and made three penalties – in the first, second and fourth shooting, finishing 44.3 seconds behind the winner Alexey Slepov from Russia.
The other Bulgarian, who participated in the pursuit on Sunday, Vladimir Iliev finished eleventh, after making six penalties.
- » Balkan 2030 World Cup bid is Realistic, Says Bulgarian Sports Minister
- » Anthony Ivanov Ranks 8th at the World Swimming Championship in China
- » VAR to be Introduced in Bulgarian Football in 3 Years, Announced the Head of BFU
- » River Edge out Boca after Extra Time to Win Historic Copa Libertadores
- » Grigor Dimitrov Clarifies his Statement About Sofia Open
- » Kubrat Pulev Signs Multi-year Deal One of the Largest Promotion Agencies