Bulgaria's Krasimir Anev Grabs Silver at Biathlon European Championship
Bulgaria's biathlete Krasimir Anev won a silver medal at the Biathlon European Championship on Sunday, which is taking place in the town of Otepaa, Estonia.
Anev finished second in the men's 12.5 kilometer pursuit, winning his eighth individual prize at a continental championship in his professional career, daily Dnevnik reports.
The Bulgarian repeated his best performance in the discipline, having previously finished second at the 2007 and 2011 European Championships..
Anev brought a second medal for Bulgaria at this year's European Championship after Vladimir Iliev had won a bronze medal in the individual 20 kilometre race.
Anev started from the eighth position and made three penalties – in the first, second and fourth shooting, finishing 44.3 seconds behind the winner Alexey Slepov from Russia.
The other Bulgarian, who participated in the pursuit on Sunday, Vladimir Iliev finished eleventh, after making six penalties.
- » Bulgarian Katrin Taseva with Gold and Bronze of Grand Prix in Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Daniel Asenov is European Boxing Champion for the Sixth Time
- » WORLD CHAMPION! Petar Stoychev is the Fastest in the World in Swimming in Icy Waters!
- » Petar Stoychev - 200 m Swimming Below Zero
- » Grigor Dimitrov is Ready to Return for the Masters Game in Miami
- » For the First time, Bulgarian Became the World Vice Champion in the Biathlon