Bulgaria's Krasimir Anev Grabs Silver at Biathlon European Championship
Bulgaria's biathlete Krasimir Anev won a silver medal at the Biathlon European Championship on Sunday, which is taking place in the town of Otepaa, Estonia.
Anev finished second in the men's 12.5 kilometer pursuit, winning his eighth individual prize at a continental championship in his professional career, daily Dnevnik reports.
The Bulgarian repeated his best performance in the discipline, having previously finished second at the 2007 and 2011 European Championships..
Anev brought a second medal for Bulgaria at this year's European Championship after Vladimir Iliev had won a bronze medal in the individual 20 kilometre race.
Anev started from the eighth position and made three penalties – in the first, second and fourth shooting, finishing 44.3 seconds behind the winner Alexey Slepov from Russia.
The other Bulgarian, who participated in the pursuit on Sunday, Vladimir Iliev finished eleventh, after making six penalties.
- » Bulgaria to Send 24 Athletes to Buenos Aires Youth Olympics
- » Joshua Overpowers Povetkin to Retain World Heavyweight Titles
- » Turkish Fencer Scores Gold Medal in Bulgaria
- » Rough Defeat for Bulgarian Volleyball, but still Hold an 14-12 All-time Advantage over US Men
- » ALLIANZ TO BECOME WORLDWIDE OLYMPIC INSURANCE PARTNER
- » Kenyan Marathon Master Kipchoge Smashes World Record