Rescue Operation for 3 Boys Lost in Rila Mountain Temporarily Stopped
The search and rescue operation for three boys who got lost in the Rila Mountain has been temporarily suspended due to the extremely difficult weather conditions.
A part of the rescue team got submerged by snow following an avalanche, according to Hristo Grigorov, President of the Bulgarian Red Cross.
He explained that the rescuers were safe and sound and were returning to the base.
“The situation is very tough. There is hurricane wind. We shall wait for the weather to return to normal and renew the rescue operation. One part of the team is digging out rescuers who were submerged by the avalanche” Grigorov told the Focus news agency.
The boys headed from the Rila Lakes hut to the Ivan Vazov hut Saturday around noon and reportedly got lost in the Razdela area.
The rescue operation started at 5 am on Sunday, according to the Mountain Rescue Service at the Bulgarian Red Cross.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Shooting at University in Siberia
- » Fire Burns Down COVID Hospital in North Macedonia, At Least 10 Dead
- » Strong Earthquake Shook Mexico, There is a Casualty
- » More than 50 people Putting Out the Big Forest Fire in Kirkovo Municipality
- » A Man is Detained for the Fire in Blagoevgrad
- » Big Fire in the Center of Blagoevgrad