Finance Minister Expects Bulgaria to Record Surplus in January
Bulgarian Finance Minister Vladislav Goranov announced on Friday that the revenue collected for January could exceed that for the same month last year by between BGN 400 and 500 M.
Goranov said that in case this happens, it will be the first time to record a budget surplus in the month of January since 2009.
The Finance Minister explained that the revenue collection was improving due to the joint efforts of the government authorities and the prosecution.
Goranov expects that in January the revenue from the customs will exceed that collected for the same month in 2014 by about BGN 200 M.
According to him, this would be the result of the actions taken on uprooting all malpractices in the customs.
Asked whether pensioners will be provided with Easter bonuses, Goranov answered that it was too early to estimate, but analyses were being conducted.
- » IMF Chief: Clouds over Global Economy are 'Getting Darker by the Day'
- » The IMF Provides a $ 50 Billion Loan to Argentina
- » Erdogan Claims Turkish Lira’s Loss in Value a Manipulation against Turkey
- » Every third Bulgarian has had Outstanding Loans, According to Eurostat
- » EC Predicts 3.8% Growth in Bulgaria in 2018
- » The Debt of Bulgaria for 2017 Amounts to BGN 25,064 Million