Bulgaria Declares Day of Mourning for Late Ex-President Zhelyu Zhelev
Bulgaria’s government has declared a national day of mourning for former President Zhelyu Zhelev (1990-1997), who passed away on Friday.
National flags on government buildings will fly at half mast on Sunday, 1 February 2015, the cabinet announced.
Zhelev, Bulgaria’s first democratically elected President after the fall of Communism in 1989, died at the age of 79.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Date to Remember: The World Lost Frontman of Queen Freddie Mercury 29 Years Ago
- » In Memoriam: Eminent Heart Surgeon Prof. Alexander Chirkov Dies Aged 82
- » In Memoriam: Armen Dzhigarhanyan Passed Away at Age 86
- » A Legend is Gone: Sean Connery Dies Aged 90
- » Two Teachers from Northeastern Bulgaria Lost the Battle with COVID-19
- » Bulgaria: Tragedy in Belitsa - a Whole Family of Medics Died from COVID-19