Bulgaria Declares Day of Mourning for Late Ex-President Zhelyu Zhelev
Bulgaria’s government has declared a national day of mourning for former President Zhelyu Zhelev (1990-1997), who passed away on Friday.
National flags on government buildings will fly at half mast on Sunday, 1 February 2015, the cabinet announced.
Zhelev, Bulgaria’s first democratically elected President after the fall of Communism in 1989, died at the age of 79.
- » Swedish DJ Avicii Dies Aged 28
- » US First Lady Barbara Bush Dies at Age 92
- » Milos Forman Two-Time Oscar Winning Directo Dead At 86
- » Winnie Mandela, South African Anti-apartheid Crusader, Dies at 81
- » France to Pay National Tribute to Officer Killed in Friday Hostage Crisis
- » Stephen Hawking, Renowned Scientist, Dies at 76