Bulgaria Declares Day of Mourning for Late Ex-President Zhelyu Zhelev
Bulgaria’s government has declared a national day of mourning for former President Zhelyu Zhelev (1990-1997), who passed away on Friday.
National flags on government buildings will fly at half mast on Sunday, 1 February 2015, the cabinet announced.
Zhelev, Bulgaria’s first democratically elected President after the fall of Communism in 1989, died at the age of 79.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Third Zimbabwean Minister Dies of COVID-19 within a Week
- » In Memoriam: Fashion World Bids Farewell to Pierre Cardin
- » In Memoriam: Spy Novels Legend John le Carre Dies Aged 89
- » Date to Remember: The World Lost Frontman of Queen Freddie Mercury 29 Years Ago
- » In Memoriam: Eminent Heart Surgeon Prof. Alexander Chirkov Dies Aged 82
- » In Memoriam: Armen Dzhigarhanyan Passed Away at Age 86