Bulgaria to Host Junior Eurovision Song Contest in 2015
Bulgaria will host the 2015 Junior Eurovision after the 2014 winners from Italy withdrew from the organization of the event, officials have confirmed.
In last year's competition, Bulgarian representatives Krisia, Hasan and Ibrahim charmed the European audience and came in second place, right behind Vincenzo Cantiello from Italy.
The annual song contest is produced by the European Broadcasting Union (EBU) and the winner country is responsible for hosting the next year's event.
As the local organizers must be members of EBU, the Bulgarian National Television (BNT) was chosen as the institution that will be in charge of the Junior Eurovision in November 2015.
BNT's General Director Vyara Ankova said that ''the most important topic for us is the organization of the event and I am glad that we have received a lot of support on that matter''.
The decision was taken on Monday after a meeting of the respective general directors of BNT and the Bulgarian National Radio (BNR), Vyara Ankova and Radoslav Yankulov with EBU's Director General Ingrid Deltenre.
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and Parliament Speaker Tsetska Tsacheva also participated in the meeting.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Today marks 115 Years since Bulgaria’s Independence
- » Bulgarians honor the Saints Faith, Hope, Love and Sofia
- » Bulgaria celebrates 138 years since its Unification
- » Bulgaria: 140 Publishers will attend the Book Alley event in Sofia
- » More than 3,500 Folk Performers from Bulgaria and abroad participate in the festival in Nedelino
- » Indian Summer Exhibition: Art from my Travels