Consultations on Bulgaria's Pension Reform Continue
The second round of consultations on the parameters of Bulgaria's pension reform will take place on Tuesday.
Several new ideas emerged after the initiation of the consultations a week ago, electronic daily Dnevnik reports.
The proposal of the Ministry of Labour and Social Policy, which was presented during the first round of consultations, provides for a gradual increase in the age and work experience required for retirement.
The proposal foresees the social insurance contributions to increase with a total of 4.5 % over the next 12 years.
Bulgaria's Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Labour and Socialy Policy Ivaylo Kalfin calculated that this increase will amount to BGN 3 a month.
The proposal provides insured persons with the right to transfer their contributions back and forth between the private pension funds and the State Social Insurance Institute (NOI) once a year.
The oppositional Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) presented its own proposal for a reform to the sector on Sunday, which centers on freezing the age and work experience required for retirement.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » President Radev Starts Consultations over Formation of New Cabinet in Bulgaria
- » Parliament Discusses Dismissal of Prosecutor General Ivan Geshev
- » There is Such a People is Starting Negotiations to Form a Government
- » Iva Miteva from ITN Еlected National Assembly President Оnce Мore
- » Bulgarian President Ready for Consultations and Handing Government-forming Mandate
- » President Radev Awards Madara Horseman Order 1st Degree to Ambassador of the Netherlands to Bulgaria