Tsipras Sworn In as Greek Prime Minister
SYRIZA leader Alexis Tsipras has been sworn in as Greece’s next prime minister by President Karolos Papoulias.
The 40-year-old leader of SYRIZA became Greece’s youngest prime minister since 1865.
Tsipras only took a political oath and refused to be sworn in by the head of Greece’s Orthodox Church, Archbishop Ieronymos.
He swore to serve the Greek people and uphold the Constitution at a ceremony at the Greek presidential palace, according to reports of The Guardian.
The inauguration of the new government will take place on Tuesday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » NATO is increasing its presence in Kosovo
- » Turkey strikes PKK targets in Iraq in response to the Terrorist Attack
- » Turkey: Suicide Bombing in Ankara
- » The US has called on Serbia to Withdraw its Troops from the Border with Kosovo
- » Romania Strengthens its Defenses along the Danube due to the Approaching War
- » The Minimum Wage in Romania Jumps to 663 Euros compared to Bulgaria's 398 Euros