Greece's SYRIZA Poised for Historic Victory
Leftist SYRIZA party of Alexis Tsipras is heading for a huge victory in Sunday's snap election, according to first official projections which give it 36.5 percent of all ballots.
Official information at 22:00 lowered its result at 35.7 percent with 40% of ballots counted.
This would suggest the party will have between 148 and 154 seats, with 151 needed in the 300-seat Parliament to have an independent majority. This number includes the 50-seat bonus SYRIZA would get under Greek law if its first place is confirmed by the official count.
After hours of silence that followed the first exit poll results early on Sunday evening, Tsipras said the figures marked "a return of social dignity and social justice."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Stoltenberg: We Look Forward to Northern Macedonia Joining NATO
- » The Early Elections in Northern Macedonia Will Be on April 12th
- » Erdogan Threatens EU to Open Borders to Refugees
- » Northern Macedonia is Expected to Receive the Green Light to Begin EU Accession Talks
- » Turkey Sells Two of Its Islands
- » Athens Blamed Ankara For the Migrant Crisis