NATO Secretary General Praises Bulgarian Contribution to Alliance
NATO's Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg praised on Wednesday the participation of Bulgaria in the missions and operations of the Alliance.
During his meeting with Prime Minister Boyko Borisov, Stoltenberg also commended the high reputation of Bulgarian military personnel, the government's press service reports.
Borisov and Stoltenberg also discussed the cooperation within the framework of the Alliance and the Readiness Action Plan, which was approved at the Wales Summit in September 2014.
Borisov highlighted that the resources allocated for defence have to be spent in pragmatic and efficient way.
This was necessary in order to strike a balance between the opportunities of the budget and the maintenance of highly prepared and materially equipped armed forces.
The initiatives of NATO and the EU, which provide opportunities for smart defence and sharing of capacities, were also underlined.
Other topics of discussion included regional and energy security.
Bulgaria was also visited by the Deputy Chairman of NATO's Military Committee Lieutenant General Mark Schissler last week.
The increase of the operational compatibility between the armed forces of Bulgaria and NATO was in the focus of Schissler's visit.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Defense Minister Warns Against Kremlin's Hybrid Threats in the Black Sea Region
- » Bulgaria and Turkey Collaborate to Strengthen Border Security
- » Defense Minister to Ukrainian Servicemen: Bulgaria Supports President Zelensky’s Peace Formula
- » October Sees 41% Decrease in Illegal Migrants in Bulgaria
- » US Warship Frees Ship with Bulgarians and is Attacked by the Houthis
- » Yemen Coast Crisis: US Intervention Safeguards Bulgarians on Hijacked Central Park Tanker