Bulgaria's Investment Agency to Establish Regional Unit in Plovdiv
Regional units of the Bulgarian Investment Agency and the State Agency for Promotion of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) will be established in Plovdiv.
This was announced by Bulgaria's Economy Minister Bozhidar Lukarski after a meeting with Mayor of Plovdiv Ivan Totev and mayors of other municipalities in the region on Friday, electronic daily Dnevnik reports.
Last year nine municipalities and two clusters signed a memorandum for the joint development of Trakia (Thrace) Economic Zone, 24 Chasa daily reminds.
Lukarski explained that the establishment of regional units will aid the presentation of the economic zone, the local economy and industry at exhibitions and fora.
The representatives of Trakia Economic Zone requested help from the government in the construction of the infrastructure leading to the zone and a roundabout at its entrance, which connects it with Plovdiv.
Trakia Economic Zone unites six industrial zones in the vicinity of Plovdiv, with 114 Bulgarian and foreign companies having invested over EUR 1 billion and created 15 000 work places.
The executive director of the economic zone Plamen Panchev announced that the opening of another 30 000 work places is foreseen in the next 10 years.
- » Finance Minister Vladislav Goranov: Bulgaria Did Everything it Could and Beyond To Attract Volkswagen
- » China Oil Corporation Announces New Oil and Gas Reserves
- » January - July 2019 - the Exports of Goods From Bulgaria to Third Countries Increased by 3.0%
- » Industrial Production Index Rose by 0.8% as Compared to June 2019
- » Turkey Begins Avocado Exports to Bulgaria
- » A Gas Pipeline Contract From Turkey Through Bulgaria to Serbia is Expected to be Signed on September 5