Belgian Terror Suspects Planned to Hijack Passenger Bus
The Belgian terrorists neutralized in a police raid in Verviers on Thursday had been planning to hijack a passenger bus and take hostages, according to local broadcaster RTL.
Two suspected jihadists were killed during the police operation and another one was seriously injured, according to reports of The Telegraph.
The two gunmen were killed in a shootout after opening fire on the police, while the wounded suspect was arrested.
The group had allegedly been planning to launch a major terrorist attack.
The terror suspects were reported to have recently returned from Syria.
Belgium raised its terror alert to its second-highest level.
Eric Van Der Sypt from the federal prosecutor's office informed that the investigation had been launched a few weeks ago, prior to the deadly attacks in Paris.
He said that no link had been established so far to the last week’s terror attacks in Paris.
Van der Sypt also said that all three terror suspects were Belgian nationals.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Amid another US Delegation visit, China conducts Fresh Military Drills around Taiwan
- » UN: By November 15, the World Population will reach 8 Billion People
- » Day 173 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Over 40 Countries called on Russia to Hand Over the Zaporizhzhia NPP to Kyiv
- » 35 Tons of Humanitarian Aid for Ukrainians to Arrive in Bulgaria
- » 75 Years of Progressive India
- » Day 172 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russian Soldiers who Shoot at and from Zaporizhzhia NPP are Targeted by Ukrainians