Bulgarian Deputy PM Paying Two-Day Working Visit to Romania
Bulgarian Deputy Prime Minister Meglena Kuneva will be on a two-day working visit to Romania on Thursday and Friday, the government's information service reports.
On the first day of her visit, Kuneva is to meet Romania's Economy Minister Mihai Tudose, Foreign Minister Bogdan Aurescu, State Secretary George Ciamba, Minister of EU funds Eugen Teodorovici, Minister of Regional Development Liviu Dragnea and Interior Minister Gabriel Oprea.
The talks will concentrate on bilateral economic initiatives, opportunity for common regional projects under the investment plan of EU Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker and common actions towards the two countries' accession to the Schengen Area.
Kuneva is scheduled to meet Chief Prosecutor of the National Anti-Corruption Directorate Laura Kovesi, President of the National Integrity Agency Horia Georgescu and Finance Minister Darius Valkov on Friday.
The discussions will focus on Romania's experience on tackling corruption in view of the forthcoming report of the European Commission on the Cooperation and Verification Mechanism (CVM), which is due at the end of the month.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » European Commission: Bulgaria Has No Legal Criteria for the Minimum Wages
- » European Commission: EUR 9.218 Billions Grants for Bulgaria, Italy and Spain on Top of the Table
- » Doubts Remain over Readiness of Bulgaria, Croatia and Romania for Schengen
- » EC: Bulgaria is the Only Country that Meets the Criterion for the EU Budget Deficit
- » Bulgaria Marks Europe Day
- » The Juncker Plan Will Provide Financial Assistance of BGN 10 million For 320 Micro-Enterprises in Bulgaria