Bulgaria’s Maritsa Iztok Mines Topped 2014 Production Target by 428 000 Tonnes
The Maritsa Iztok Mines (Mini Maritsa Iztok EAD), Bulgaria’s largest coal mining company, produced over 27 500 000 tonnes of coal in 2014, up by 428 000 tonnes from the business plan for the year.
The company’s profit for the reporting period is expected to reach around BGN 5 M, according to a media statement of the Maritsa Iztok Mines, as cited by the BGNES news agency.
Due to the lack of regular cash receipts, the company managed to implement 61% of the investment program.
At the same time, 82% of the company’s annual repair program was carried out in 2014.
Despite the difficulties it had to overcome throughout 2014, the coal mining company managed to provide regular supplies to its four main customers – local thermal power plants.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Natural Gas Prices Rise by 8% in Europe over Fears of Impending Ukraine-Russia Armed Conflict
- » American Tankers came and the Price of Gas in Europe fell Sharply
- » Bulgarian PM: There Won’t be any New Electricity Prices for Household Consumers
- » Bulgarian Expert: The Price of Gasoline can Reach BGN 3
- » Bulgaria: Will we reach the psychological barrier of BGN 3 per liter of gasoline and diesel
- » National Security and Police are doing an Inspection in Bulgargaz