Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Ballon d'Or Award for Third Time
Cristiano Ronaldo won the FIFA Ballon d'Or 2014 annual award for the second year running on Monday.
This is the third time the Portugal forward has grabbed the trophy awarded by FIFA and France Football magazine after winning it in 2008 and 2013.
Ronaldo captured 37.66%of the votes cast by the captains and coaches of each national team plus one journalist from each country.
Argentina’s Lionel Messi won 15.76% and German goalkeeper Manuel Neuer was third with 15.72%.
“I would like to thank all of those who voted for me," said Ronaldo, 29, as he accepted the trophy in Zurich, Switzerland.
"It has been an incredible year. I would like to continue the work that I have done so far. I want to try to improve, to become better as each day goes by.”
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Audi FIS Ski World Cup Bansko 2021 Starts Today
- » Tiger Woods Had Surgery after Serious Car Crash
- » Three Top Bulgarian Swimmers Fail Doping Test, Caught Taking Stanozolol
- » Bulgarian Basketball Team Made it For European Championship
- » AO: Daniil Medvedev beats Stefanos Tsitsipas to Face Novak Djokovic
- » Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov out of Australian Open after Injury