Man Claiming to Be IS Member Says in Video He Was Paris Supermarket Attacker
A man looking like the attacker, who killed a female police officer and took hostages in a supermarket in Paris, has claimed in a posthumous video on Sunday he has member of the Islamic State (IS) militant group.
According to AFP, the man resembling Amedy Coulibaly appears on the video that was posted online, and claims he coordinated his actions with brothers Cherif Kouachi and Said Kouachi , who are suspected of having killed 12 people in the attack on Charlie Hebdo satirical magazine on Wednesday.
A text at the start of the video says the man is Coulibaly, and that he was responsible for the killing of a policewoman in the southern Paris suburb of Montrouge on Thursday and the attack on a Jewish supermarket in eastern Paris on Friday, in which he took several hostages.
Coulibaly died in a shootout with police at the supermarket, where four hostages were killed.
Speaking into the camera, the man said he had “declared allegiance” to “the Caliph of Muslims Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi”, the leader of Islamic State.
“If you attack the caliphate, we will attack you,” the man in the video footage said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » European Commission Signs Contract with Gilead to Secure EU Access to Remdesivir
- » Belgium, Greece, Germany and Austria Tighten Measures Against the Coronavirus
- » Michel Barnier Accused Boris Johnson of Not Keeping His Promises
- » Brussels warns: Coronavirus Pandemic Threatens the Future of the Eurozone
- » Heads of EU and Western Balkans Countries will Meet Virtually
- » The EC Raised 7,4 Billion Euros to Develop a COVID-19 Vaccine