Turkey to Build High-Speed Railway Line to Bulgaria
Turkey is building a high-speed railway line to Bulgaria, according to Transport Minister Lutfi Elvan.
Elvan, as cited by Daily Sabah and dir.bg, informed that the rail line would connect Istanbul to the Kapikule border crossing point and would run through Edirne.
He made clear that the tender would be held in 2015.
Elvan said that the mega projects on which Turkey was working included the North Marmara Highway, the Third Bosphorus Bridge, and the two-track railway line that would run across the bridge.
He announced that the road connection to Greece was also being improved and that railway tracks were being thoroughly renewed.
Turkey’s Transport Minister also voiced hopes that Greece would improve its railway network.
- » France and Germany with a Joint Project for the Production of Batteries for Next-Generation Electric Vehicles
- » Ryanair to Lay Off nearly 700 Employees while the Company's Boss Could Get $ 111 Million Bonus
- » Cybersecurity in China is a Business Worth $ 8.9 billion
- » Wizz Air is the Best Low Cost Airline of the Year According to the European Aviation Awards
- » On Independence Day: BDZ Launches Retro Train
- » Bulgaria Is among the Countries Which Attracted Most Funds under the Juncker Investment Plan