Turkey to Build High-Speed Railway Line to Bulgaria
Turkey is building a high-speed railway line to Bulgaria, according to Transport Minister Lutfi Elvan.
Elvan, as cited by Daily Sabah and dir.bg, informed that the rail line would connect Istanbul to the Kapikule border crossing point and would run through Edirne.
He made clear that the tender would be held in 2015.
Elvan said that the mega projects on which Turkey was working included the North Marmara Highway, the Third Bosphorus Bridge, and the two-track railway line that would run across the bridge.
He announced that the road connection to Greece was also being improved and that railway tracks were being thoroughly renewed.
Turkey’s Transport Minister also voiced hopes that Greece would improve its railway network.
- » Airbus will Lay Off more than 2,000 Employees
- » EUR 3.7 Billion is the Revenue from International Tourism in Bulgaria in 2019
- » Eurostat: Euro Area Annual Inflation up to 1.4%
- » Volkswagen Delays the Decision for the Turkey Plant Once Again
- » Unemployment Rate Down by 0.6 Percentage Points in Q4 2019
- » Gulf Times: Qatar Airways signs Joint Flight Agreement with Bulgaria Air