Turkey to Build High-Speed Railway Line to Bulgaria
Turkey is building a high-speed railway line to Bulgaria, according to Transport Minister Lutfi Elvan.
Elvan, as cited by Daily Sabah and dir.bg, informed that the rail line would connect Istanbul to the Kapikule border crossing point and would run through Edirne.
He made clear that the tender would be held in 2015.
Elvan said that the mega projects on which Turkey was working included the North Marmara Highway, the Third Bosphorus Bridge, and the two-track railway line that would run across the bridge.
He announced that the road connection to Greece was also being improved and that railway tracks were being thoroughly renewed.
Turkey’s Transport Minister also voiced hopes that Greece would improve its railway network.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Protests in Bulgaria: Day 110
- » Bulgarian Government, Employers and Unions to Discuss 2021 Budget
- » International Gambling Laws: How Does Canada Compare to the USA?
- » Greece Travel Updates: Measures Extended to November 8
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov Tests Positive For COVID-19
- » WHO and Wikipedia in a Collaboration About COVID-19 Information