Bulgaria Also Runs Risk of Terrorism After French Attack - IntMin Official
The fact that a EU and NATO member state could be subject to a terror attack such as the one in French weekly Charlie Hebdo's offices means there is also terror risk for Bulgaria, an official has said.
As many as 12 people died and 10 were injured in the attack.
Interior Ministry Chief Secretary has told the Bulgarian National Television his institution does not have any information about a "specific threat", but has added a threat is tied to "various factors."
Asked whether Bulgaria will beef up security after the events in France, Lazarov has denied to comment publicly on what measures will be adopted in response to similar "asymmetric threats".
"For a few months we have been exerting total control on the Bulgarian-Turkish border... and the names of all those crossing it are written down in the database. But to establish if a given person is [characterized] by certain forms of extremism, this is another issue. We have no grounds to take specific measures if no information of specific actions has been provided."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Finance Minister: Gas Stations are Using the Moment to Make more Profit
- » Italy and Germany have allowed use of Accounts in Rubles for Russian Gas
- » Russia Cuts Off Finland's Gas on Saturday
- » At least 80%: The EU Obliges its Members to Stock up on Gas
- » Ambassador of Azerbaijan: We are Committed to Bulgaria's Energy Security
- » PM on Natural Gas: Bulgaria's Firm Step has Helped the Entire EU