Possible AirAsia Debris Found Off Indonesia's Coast
Items resembling an emergency slide and plane door have been seen in the search for AirAsia flight QZ8501, which lost contact with air controllers on Sunday morning en route to Singapore's Changi Airport, Indonesia has said.
“We spotted about 10 big objects and many more small white-coloured objects which we could not photograph,” an Indonesian air force official, Air Vice-Marshall Agus Dwi Putranto, told a press conference. “The position is 10km from the location the plane was last captured by radar,” he said, quoted by AFP and Reuters.
He displayed 10 photos of objects resembling a plane door, emergency slide, and a square box-like object. Indonesian TV also showed a live stream of the floating debris. “It is not really clear... it could be the wall of the plane or the door of the plane,” he said.
“Let’s pray that those objects are what we are really trying to find,” he said in Pangkalan Bun in Central Kalimantan on the island of Borneo.
Meanwhile, an Indonesian Tranportation Ministry official has said that search aircraft have seen "red and white coloured" debris off the Kalimantan coast. He added that the debris was likely to be from the missing plane, presumed to have crashed in shallow waters off the Indonesian coast, a transportation ministry official said on Tuesday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Poor Roads and Lack of Control are the Main Reasons for the Large Number of Accidents
- » Turkey: Huge Forest Fire in Marmaris
- » Bulgarian TV Crew Attacked in Serbia
- » Fire in the Train Sofia - Burgas, Passengers were Evacuated near Aytos
- » A Car Crashed into Crowd of People in Berlin, One Person was Killed
- » Bulgaria: 3 Dead after a Train hit a Truck in the Vidin region (UPDATED)