Bulgarian Government Dismisses Chief of Refugee Agency
The Council of Ministers announced on Monday that the President of the State Agency for Refugees Nikolay Chirpanliev has been dismissed.
Chirpanliev's deputy Vasil Varbanov will take over as acting head until the appointment of a new holder.
Chirpanliev headed the key agency in October last year – at the peak of the wave of refugees, electronic daily Dnevnik reminds.
On several occasions Chirpanliev made inappropriate comments – comparing the refugees to the Huns and accusing Amnesty International of being a deceitful organisation.
Vasil Danov, who is in charge of public relations at the agency, said that official information on the government's decision was still lacking.
The government has not disclosed any motives for the dismissal of Chirpanliev.
- » White Brotherhood of Bulgaria Gather for Supernatural-like Ritual near Rila Lakes
- » The Fire in the Old Landfill in Svishtov is Under Control, Crews on Site are Monitoring the Situation
- » This Year Bulgaria has Allocated BGN 70 Million for Reclamation of Old Landfills
- » Global Game Industry is Stepping into Bulgaria
- » Carriers will be Able to Test the TOL System
- » A New Case of African Swine Fever in Plovdiv and Lovech