Bulgaria's Prison Officers Go on Strike
Employees from all prisons in Bulgaria go on strike on Monday in order to protest the misapplication of the Interior Ministry Act.
Their discontent is due to the poor labour conditions and unfulfilled commitments taken by the Justice Ministry, online daily Dnevnik reports.
This is the last in a series of planned local activities prior to the national protest-procession that is scheduled to take place on 10 January 2015.
One of the main demands of the protesters is the equalisation of their salaries with those of employees at the Interior Ministry.
Furthermore, they insist on the observation of the Interior Ministry Act, according to which night labour should be paid.
Their third demand is for the application of the so-called specific labour conditions pertaining to direct work with prisoners.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend