Conchita Wurst to Co-Host 2015 Eurovision Song Contest
Conchita Wurst will be a presenter at the next edition of the Eurovision Song Contest.
The the Austrian drag queen - who won the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest with “Rise Like a Phoenix” - will interview contestants at the Green Room in Vienna on Saturday, May 23, 2015, according to reports of international news agencies, as cited by Sega daily.
The main hosts of the ceremony will be Austrian stars Mirjam Weichselbraun, Alice Tumler and Arabella Kiesbauer.
A total of 39 countries, up by two from 2014, are to take part in the 2015 edition of the contest, according to DW-World.
Due to the odd number of contestants, the first semi-final, scheduled for May 19, will bring together representatives of 16 countries, while the second semi-final, scheduled for May 21, will present 17 performers.
Cyprus and Serbia are returning after one-year absences, the Czech Republic is returning after a five-year absence, while Ukraine has withdrawn from the contest.
Six countries have already qualified for the Grand Final of the 60th Eurovision Song Contest 2015 in Vienna, including Austria (host of the event and winner of Eurovision 2014) and the "Big-5"-countries (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom).
The Grand Final has been scheduled for May 23.
Tickets are on sale, with prices ranging from EUR 14 to EUR 390.
- » The EU Postpones Brexit until May 22 if the London Government Approves the Divorce Deal
- » Three Explosions in Kabul, there are Casualties and Injuries
- » The EU Fined Google with 1.49 Billion Euros
- » Kazakhstan Renames their Capital after Ex-president
- » Greece Has Announced the Exact Route of the New Zealand Striker to the Country
- » EC: The Situation on the Balkan Refugee Route is Stable