French Ambassador Asks Social Policy Minister about Pension System Changes
France's Ambassador to Bulgaria Xavier Lapeyre de Cabanes has asked Ivaylo Kalfin, Minister of Labor and Social Policy, to explain in detail the pension reform adopted on Friday.
Kalfin assured the French Ambassador that the changes were not aimed at replacing the system built in 1999 but at consolidating it and removing certain weaknesses by searching for the best ratio of solidarity fund to capital schemes, according to the press office of the Ministry.
The French Ambassador to Bulgaria expressed hope that any future changes to the pension system would be predictable and would be adopted as a result of broad discussion.
On December 5, Xavier Lapeyre de Cabanes announced in a TV interview that there were “rotten apples” in Bulgaria’s judiciaries.
He complained about corruption in the judiciary and insisted that the theft of a Bulgarian branch of a French company specializing in the production and trade of wine and vodka was being plotted through a decision of a judge at the Sofia City Court, Rumyana Chenalova.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend