Nikolay Barekov Leaving Leadership of His Party's Coalition
Nikolay Barekov, a journalist-turned-politician and currently MEP, is leaving the leadership structures of the Bulgaria without Censorship coalition he created last year.
Barekov sent out a press statement on Monday arguing the coalition has served its goal, which was to perform successfully at the October 5 early elections, has virtually ceased to exist since the vote was held.
He is in a bitter dispute with the parliamentary group of Bulgaria without Censorship, called Bulgarian Democratic Center (BDC), over the latter's position on key pieces of legislation in Parliament.
On Sunday Barekov announced he was intending to leave the coalition.
The BwC-led coalition came sixth in the October 5 early elections. The MEP, who had previously been quite open about his Prime Minister ambitions, chose then to retain his seat at the European Parliament.
Presently, only 6 out of the 14 BDC MPs belong to his party, even though Rosen Petrov, a former BwC official who left the party last week, pledged "loyalty" to the group.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: MRF Will Not Support GERB for New Constitution and Grand National Assembly
- » Bulgaria: Chairman of Information Services - 4 Months is the Delivery of Voting Machines
- » Upholding the independence of the Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office: National Meeting on Monday
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended until August 31
- » Bulgaria: The Government Will Announce New Social Measures
- » Bulgaria: The National Assembly Accepted the Changes in the Cabinet