Grigor Dimitrov Declared Bulgaria’s Best Sportsperson for 2014
Star tennis player Grigor Dimitrov has won the award Bulgarian Sportsperson of the Year for 2014.
In 2014, Dimitrov made it into the top 10 of ATP, reaching place 8, and won three titles, getting to the ?-finals of Wimbledon and the ?-finals of Australian Open, according to reports of Sega daily. He currently holds 11th place in the ATP ranking.
The prize was awarded by Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova at a ceremony at the National Palace of Culture (NDK) in Sofia on Monday evening.
Second place in the ranking went to weightlifter Ivan Markov and third to snowboarder Alexandra Zhekova.
Bulgaria’s rhythmic gymnastics team won the award for best sports team of the year and athlete Stela Eneva was declared best sportsperson with disabilities.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Biggest Horse Racing Countries in Europe
- » Bulgarian Boxer Kubrat Pulev convincingly Defeated Jerry Forest
- » Dimitrov Double Dips Stateside
- » For the First Time: Bulgarian Baseball Player with a Professional Contract in the USA
- » Here is How to Download the Betway Mobile apps for Android and iOS for Bulgaria
- » Four Betway bonuses that made this brand among the best in Bulgaria