Grigor Dimitrov Declared Bulgaria’s Best Sportsperson for 2014
Star tennis player Grigor Dimitrov has won the award Bulgarian Sportsperson of the Year for 2014.
In 2014, Dimitrov made it into the top 10 of ATP, reaching place 8, and won three titles, getting to the ?-finals of Wimbledon and the ?-finals of Australian Open, according to reports of Sega daily. He currently holds 11th place in the ATP ranking.
The prize was awarded by Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova at a ceremony at the National Palace of Culture (NDK) in Sofia on Monday evening.
Second place in the ranking went to weightlifter Ivan Markov and third to snowboarder Alexandra Zhekova.
Bulgaria’s rhythmic gymnastics team won the award for best sports team of the year and athlete Stela Eneva was declared best sportsperson with disabilities.
- » Bulgarian Is an European Kickboxing Champion
- » Discover These Beautiful Golf Courses In Bulgaria, Perfect For A Tee Time When You Visit
- » Bulgarian Paralympic Team wins two Gold on Day 1 of Dubai 2019 World Para Championship
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Play for Bulgaria Again
- » Paralympian Hristiyan Stoyanov with Gold Medal from Dubai
- » Grigor Dimitrov Is in the World Rankings Top 20 Again