Grigor Dimitrov Declared Bulgaria’s Best Sportsperson for 2014
Star tennis player Grigor Dimitrov has won the award Bulgarian Sportsperson of the Year for 2014.
In 2014, Dimitrov made it into the top 10 of ATP, reaching place 8, and won three titles, getting to the ?-finals of Wimbledon and the ?-finals of Australian Open, according to reports of Sega daily. He currently holds 11th place in the ATP ranking.
The prize was awarded by Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova at a ceremony at the National Palace of Culture (NDK) in Sofia on Monday evening.
Second place in the ranking went to weightlifter Ivan Markov and third to snowboarder Alexandra Zhekova.
Bulgaria’s rhythmic gymnastics team won the award for best sports team of the year and athlete Stela Eneva was declared best sportsperson with disabilities.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Footballers and Fans of Lokomotiv Plovdiv with Coronavirus
- » Bulgaria's FC "Black Sea": Over 10 Football Players Test Positive for COVID-19
- » Bulgarian Minister of Sports Krassen Kralev : Stadiums Could Close Doors to Fans
- » 30 Years Later: Liverpool Is The New Champion of England!
- » Tennis Star Novak Djokovic Tests Positive for Covid-19
- » Coaches of Grigor Dimitrov and Novak Djokovic Tested Positive for COVID-19