Grigor Dimitrov Declared Bulgaria’s Best Sportsperson for 2014
Star tennis player Grigor Dimitrov has won the award Bulgarian Sportsperson of the Year for 2014.
In 2014, Dimitrov made it into the top 10 of ATP, reaching place 8, and won three titles, getting to the ?-finals of Wimbledon and the ?-finals of Australian Open, according to reports of Sega daily. He currently holds 11th place in the ATP ranking.
The prize was awarded by Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova at a ceremony at the National Palace of Culture (NDK) in Sofia on Monday evening.
Second place in the ranking went to weightlifter Ivan Markov and third to snowboarder Alexandra Zhekova.
Bulgaria’s rhythmic gymnastics team won the award for best sports team of the year and athlete Stela Eneva was declared best sportsperson with disabilities.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russia received an Invitation to Play in the Central Asian Football Association
- » Djokovic was not Allowed into the US without a COVID-19 Vaccine
- » Bulgarian Albert Popov Recorded a Historic Ranking with his First Podium in the Skiing World Cup
- » English Greyhound Derby 2023: Who Will Claim the Crown?
- » Who Are the Favorites for the 2023 Cheltenham Festival Championship Races?
- » Team Bulgaria will take 13 Athletes to the MMA World Championship in Serbia