Police Detains 33 People for Plotting Clashes with Ethnic Minorities
The police in Bulgaria's capital Sofia detained 33 people for their planned participation in clashes with ethnic minorities on Sunday.
This happened shortly after the beginning of the demonstration against racism and xenophobia that took place in Sofia on Sunday, electronic daily Dnevnik reports.
According to the Bulgarian National Radio, the detained were planning to attack the participants in the demonstration.
The group of instigators numbered 100 people, among them were football fans and skinheads.
Following their unsuccessful attack at the participants in the demonstration, the group headed to the Sofia quarter Fakulteta.
The police managed to block their route and 33 of them were taken to the 3rd district police department.
The police carried an identification check to the other members of the group and released them following a short interrogation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Young Woman was Killed by her Husband in a Bulgarian Village
- » Ukrainian Currency worth nearly 1 Million BGN was found in a Cache of a Bus on the Danube Bridge-Ruse
- » Bulgaria: A Driver was Detained after a Spectacular Chase with the Police in Sofia
- » Murder in Sofia: A Man Died from Multiple Stab Wounds, his Son was Detained
- » Bulgaria: Authorities Detained a Police Officer while On Duty with more than 1.6 Promille of Alcohol
- » Specialized Police Operation in the Bulgarian Village of Sindel after the Rape of a 73-year-old Woman